Country: UNITED KINGDOM
Location: Burton on Trent, Staffordshire.
My client is a well established highly regarded organisation based in Burton on Trent. They have an exciting opportunity for a successful management accountant to join their business in a senior role.
This is a full time position and on a permanent basis.
Providing continuous support to the Financial Director and Finance Manager through timely and accurate management information reporting.
• Produce monthly management accounts including accrual and prepayment journals.
• Preparation of monthly finance packs for the Financial Director.
• Compile monthly business reports for the management team
• Update the monthly financial projections for actual results
• Preparation of the consolidated Group accounts and board pack for the Financial Director
• Daily banking and update of daily cash flow projections report
• Produce daily sales and invoice reports and send to relevant personnel including the management team when sales ledger administrators are on annual leave or off sick
• Complete pre-invoicing checks prior to daily invoicing to prevent any avoidable errors when sales ledger administrator is on annual leave or off sick
• Generating monthly slow and obsolete products (SLOBS) report for distribution to the management team.
• ERP superuser and development coordinator acting as the first point of contact for any ERP queries.
• Preparation of audit packs and reconciliations for the external auditors.
• Analysis of monthly operational statistics and trends including the review of raw material usage variances and maintenance variances.
• Conducting research, analysis and support in respect of special ad hoc projects for Financial Director as required.
• To understand and adhere to Company policies and procedures which are relevant to both the site and the working environment.
• Adherence to Health & Safety regulations.
• Any other duties as deemed reasonable by your line manager.
Qualifications & Memberships
3 A-levels grades A-C or equivalent, 8 GCSE grades A-C (or equivalent) including English and Maths
Degree in Accountancy and Finance (min 2:1)
ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA qualified
Solid understanding of double entry bookkeeping
Good working knowledge of accounting and reporting systems
Advanced IT skills (Excel including formulas, Pivots, VLOOKUPs, Word & Powerpoint)
Preparation of management accounts including calculating accruals and prepayments
Completion of Quarterly VAT returns
Reconciling Fixed Asset Register to General Ledger
Preparation of cash flow statements and financial projections
Margin analysis and investigation of production variances
Minimum 5 years' experience of working within a fast-paced management accounts environment
Working with ERP and/or financial accounting systems
Willingness to study, learn and develop
Confident & resilient
Strong communication skills both written and verbal
Pragmatic and analytical approach to numbers
Driven and motivated
Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to foster effective working relationships
Active and supportive team player
Diligent and methodical with strong attention to detail
Ability to prioritise and manage workload and projects
Effective problem-solving skills
Comfortable working to strict deadlines
Ability to remain calm and professional in difficult situations
Ability to follow instructions / procedures accurately and effectively
If this is something that you may be interested in please do not hesitate in contacting myself direct on firstname.lastname@example.org or call me direct on 01283 512225.