Business Support Officer
I am currently recruiting for a Business Support Officer on a temporary basis.
Working hours are Monday to Friday 08:30 to 17:00, 37 hours. Paid an hourly rate of £09.03.
Dress Code: Smart Casual
Candidate will need to maintain excel spreadsheets with budget information. Process payments via finance and general administrative functions. The end date is approximate and subject to change – 08.12.17.
Responsible to: Support Services Manager
The Outcomes - The people of Staffordshire will:
- Be able to access more good jobs and feel the benefit of economic growth
- Be healthier and more independent
- Feel safer, happier and more supported in and by their community
They are one of the largest local authorities in the UK and provides a broad range of services to its citizens. We are at the start of a significant transformation agenda to improve the way we ensure positive outcomes for all of the communities and citizens of Staffordshire, working in partnership with all public sector organisations across the County.
Vision Statement for Families First
‘To work with partners and families in Staffordshire to enable vulnerable children and young people to be safe and secure; to promote physical and emotional well-being and to help them achieve their full potential within their communities’.
This shared vision has been developed by a range of people involved in and committed to high quality, strong and effective children and families’ services in Staffordshire. It incorporates views and ideas from managers, front-line practitioners and service users who will be the key contributors to making the vision a reality.
Purpose and values of working with children and families
Families First works closely with partner organisations and our approach is built on the firm foundations of an integrated ‘team around the family’. We facilitate local support and evidence-based intervention for children and families to prevent needs escalating to a level requiring statutory specialist services. Where specialist services are needed, we ensure that timely and effective decisions are made to secure the best outcomes for a child’s future.
Our staff and services are based in localities to provide easy access to families and we work with schools and academies, with Police, health services and a range of other partners through our Local Support Teams to prevent children, young people and families requiring more intensive support.
The Business Administration Assistant will provide support and have a flexible approach to covering the full range of functions within the Placement Service.
1. To support the Finance & Contracts Officer with processing day to day financial
transactions within the office, in accordance with monitoring and processing
Independent Provider invoices for payment, and monitoring associated budgets,
through the County Council’s Finance and Procurement System (SAP).
2. To be the main point of contact for dealing with telephone enquiries, disputes, and written enquiries arising from processing Independent Provider Invoices, ensuring they are dealt with efficiently and effectively.
3. To use maintain and monitor extensive and varied County Council IT facilities
including computer based information systems for input and retrieval of data, use of office e-mail, and intra/internet facilities.
4. To ensure the accuracy of Independent Sector Provider payments onto mainframe information systems.
5. To carry out all duties in compliance with Financial Regulations, Standing Orders
and other associated guidance as required.
6. To convene, attend and minute meetings, dispatch reports of proceedings and ensure agreed action is taken.
7. To liaise with Social Workers, Independent Sector Providers and other external agencies as required.
8. To ensure that Health income invoices are accurately raised and Education income is charged in accordance with Staffordshire County Council Financial Regulations.
9. To participate in the production and monitoring of Individual Placement Agreement Contracts for all Independent Sector placements. Record and track information in accordance with Departmental Procedures.
10. To provide direct administrative assistance and support to Finance and Contracts
Monitoring Officer, including undertaking research, production of reports and statistical summaries, action decisions and disseminating information.
11. To participate in team briefings and development exercises.
12. To participate in My Performance Conversation.
13. Any other duties that from time to time be allocated and that are commensurate with
the grading of the post, although suitable adjustments will be in line with the Disability Discrimination Act
If you are interested in this role Apply now! For more information call Ella on 01827 311377