IT Support Tamworth
About the company
A UK leader in the restoration and recovery of buildings, possessions and assets. Over 35 years of experience has resulted in a recognizable name and stable and growing business with trusting clients not only in the UK but globally.
About the role
We're looking for an IT Support Consultant to work within a European team to provide a high quality 1st line IT support to approximately 217 local users in 1 office locations and nationally.
You'd report to the Head of IT Infrastructure who would be based off site and you'd work alongside a team of IT Specialists in Germany. Don't worry, they're all English speakers! On site you'd sit in the finance office and would report to the Finance Director. Therefore we need someone responsible that can be trusted to manage their own workload and to provide detailed and regular reports to your German colleagues.
It's a 1st Line Role and so responsibilities will include:
• 1st Level Support with a ticket system to help Users with the handling of Applications
• Microsoft (MS) Active Directory
• Citrix AppCenter - Session and User management
• Setup or modify printers
• MS Exchange - create mailboxes etc.
• MS Fileservers – set User permissions and File share handling
• Monitoring, Session shadowing, Remote log on
• Maintenance of mobile devices, server and network hardware and software (1st Level)
• Training Users
We'd love it if you have a good all round knowledge of IT but most importantly we want you to be passionate about it.
Please have the patience to be able to translate technical issues to "non-technical folk"!
We want an excellent communicator with excellent customer service skills and a flexible approach to team working.
BONUS POINTS – if you can show a desire to learn more and to take on more responsibilities
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org