A local government authority are seeking a stakeholder manager to join their team on a 5 month contract. This position is based in the centre of Sutton Coldfield and would suit someone has experience of engaging stakeholders and has a proven track record in corporate communications.
Main duties include:
- All aspects of the interface process required including stakeholders, third parties and any public interfaces associated with the project
- Maintaining effective communications with all stakeholders involved in the project;
- Identifying key stakeholders within the areas chosen for local marketing and develop and maintain constructive, co-operative working relationships with key stakeholders to gain support for the departments activities;
- Disseminating good practice on stakeholder engagement and relationship management;
- Developing and delivering a local marketing strategy;
- Providing a principal point of contact for stakeholder enquiries relating to communications issues and provide signposting to other sources of help;
- Proactively soliciting feedback and intelligence from stakeholders ensuring this is included in communications and policy planning and development.
Key tasks and deliverables:
- Leading a team of two, and working alongside the rest of the communications team, you will play a key part in communicating important operational and organisational news and stories to these and other stakeholders in an interesting, engaging and informative way
- You will support key stakeholder engagement activities, in particular engaging and building relationships with key leaders, including members of the executive team
- You will use audience insight to identify, develop and deliver integrated campaigns which reflect the organisation's priorities
- You must be an experienced stakeholder professional to enable you to: - manage a small Stakeholder Engagement team, enabling them to interact with staff, customers and suppliers confidently and effectively - raise awareness amongst key stakeholders of the businesses priorities and how these are being met, helping senior leaders to build alliances with them in order to positively influence customer perceptions and behaviours - through insight work
- Increase the understanding amongst senior leaders and staff of customer and stakeholder perceptions of the organisation and the services provided, and develop interventions. - build and maintain a regular dialogue with key industry partner communications colleagues and, as required, other commercial entities to drive strategic cooperation between organisations
Experience of working within a busy multi-disciplinary communications team is required for this role.
Due to the nature of this role you will be required to pass a security clearance check.
Within this role you will be working 40 hours per week and for the above you will receive an hourly rate of £9.81.
If you feel you have the necessary skills for this position and are available immediately, please apply online or alternatively send a copy of your up to date CV to email@example.com