Departmental Manager - Health and Safety Training Provision
We are currently supporting an OFSTED-rated Level 2 Training provider based in Portsmouth in their search for a Departmental Manager for their Health and Safety training provision.
Based from their offices in Cosham, you would be responsible for the Management of the Health and Safety provision, consulting business on their needs and for the generation of new and repeat business. You would be responsible for a team of 5 Tutors, 2 Training and Sales Consultants and 2 Administrators.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary of up to £34,000, 34 days holiday, 40p per mile business mileage, a competitive pension scheme and other benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Departmental Manager
- Managing the courses provided by the department to include IOSH, NEBOSH and ITSSAR
- Proactive promotion of the department through marketing and other Employer Engagement
- Organising, planning and overseeing all departmental functions, staff and facilities
- Taking managerial and financial responsibility for the training department including organising budgets, business plans and KPIs
- Advising employers on the implementation of training and learning and development structures in their businesses
- Generating new and repeat business by overseeing the departmental promotional activity
- Develop and implement plans to ensure timely conversion of potential business into actual business
Skills and Experience necessary for the Departmental Manager
- NEBOSH qualified
- An Assessor's award qualification (TAQA, A1 or equivalent)
- Experience leading and managing people
- Strong financial business acumen
- Presentation skills and experience consulting employers on training needs
- Full, clean driving licence and car
If you would like any more information on this vacancy, please call Charlotte at Pertemps Newcastle, on 0191 2557900.
Keywords: Health and Safety, WBL, management, Assessor, work based learning, NEBOSH, A1, TAQA, CAVA,