Senior Nursery Nurse
We are looking for a qualified Nursery Nurse to join an OFSTED rated 'Outstanding' nursery in Rugby, supporting up to 55 children year-round.
This is a permanent full-time position as the Nursery is open year-round, working 8am-6pm Monday - Friday (these hours are flexible).
In this role you will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day running of the nursery, providing a fun, safe, caring environment for the children. Working a Senior Nursery Assistant you would be responsible for:
- Supporting team members in the planning and delivery of appropriate activities for children of all ages, taking into account their needs and interests.
- Acting as a key holder for the Nursery, opening and closing the premises as needed
- Providing a positive role model for team members and the children, promoting an inclusive and positive environment
- Organising staff rotas to ensure an appropriate child/staff ratio at all times
- Communicating with the Nursery Manager and other team members to support the daily running of the Nursery including active contribution to team meetings
- Ensuring the safety and well-being of the children at all times
- Taking part in the recruitment process for new staff and taking on other duties as necessary when staff members are on holiday
In return, the college is offering a salary of up to £16,000, with 25 days holiday + 12 days statutory holidays and College closure days as well as other benefits including gym membership and a cycle to work scheme.
Skills and experience required for the Senior Nursery Nurse:
- NVQ Level 3 in Childcare
- An up-to date First Aid qualification
- Recent experience working with young children
- Extensive knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage
Offer of employment will be subject to a CRB check, receipt of a certificate of good conduct and satisfactory references as well as occupational health clearance and understanding of safeguarding and qualifications verification.
If you would like to know more about the role please contact Charlotte Gower at Pertemps in Newcastle on 01912557900 or at email@example.com