We are looking for a qualified cook with experience catering for children in a childcare setting to be based in Rugby.
You would be supporting an OFSTED rated 'Outstanding' nursery in Rugby, catering for up to 55 children year-round. This is a permanent position, working 25 hours per week during term time (38 weeks).
In this role you will be responsible for duties including the following:
- Liaising with the Nursery Manager to plan an imaginative and nutritional menu
- Planning and organising the purchase of food, catering for the varied needs of the children
- Working to a set budget to provide mid-morning snacks, light tea for staff and a lunch menu for the children
- Displaying suitable menus each week of parents and providing allergen information
- Providing different menus for children with allergies or cultural beliefs
- Ensuring a high level of food hygiene at all times and strictly abiding by food hygiene regulations
- Completing and updating the nursery's HACCP
In return, the college is offering a salary of up to £15,000 pro rata. This is a 25 hour per week post, working 9:30-2:30 only in term time (38 weeks per year).
Skills and experience required for the Nursery Cook:
- Level 2 or above in Food Safety
- NVQ 3 in food preparation or equivalent
- Experience cooking for young children in a childcare environment
- Experience planning and developing healthy and varied menus for children
- Good communication and organisational skills
Offer of employment will be subject to a CRB check, receipt of a certificate of good conduct and satisfactory references as well as occupational health clearance and understanding of safeguarding and qualifications verification.
If you would like to know more about the role please contact Charlotte Gower at Pertemps in Newcastle on 01912557900 or at firstname.lastname@example.org