Physics Teacher - A-Level and BTEC
We are looking for a qualified Physics Teacher to join an Ofsted rated 'Outstanding' College based in Croydon.
Working full time (37 hours, of which 23 hours is teaching) you will be responsible for:
- Preparing and delivering material and content for the Physics curriculum, including assessments
- Acting as a personal tutor and a group tutor for students
- The Physics education and assessment of learners from the ages of 14-18
- Fully engaging learners to drive their understanding and enthusiasm for Physics
- Working as part of a quality assurance team to develop schemes of work
- Actively contributing to staff, department, parent and team meetings
In return, the college is offering a salary of £24,000-34,000, as well as 65 days holiday (plus bank and public holidays), opportunity to join the teachers' pension scheme and other benefits.
The ideal candidate would have the ability to motivate students to maximise their learning potential, as well as the ability to work as part of a team to shape the department.
Skills and experience required for the BTEC/A-Level Physics Teacher:
- A degree (or equivalent) in a related subject
- You must be a fully qualified Physics teacher with QTS or equivalent
- Have a passion for Physics and the ability to share this with students
- Level 2 English and Mathematics qualification
- Vocational experience of delivering Physics A-Level and BTEC qualifications
If you would like to know more about the role please contact Simon Atkins at Pertemps in Newcastle on 01912557900 or at firstname.lastname@example.org