Location: Stevenage + working across group sites
We are looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineering Tutor to join one of the UK's most reputable colleges in Stevenage.
In this role as a Tutor in Mechanical Engineering, you will be delivering teaching sessions to achieve outstanding learning outcomes for all students. You will be responsible for duties including:
- Deliver an appropriate blend of learning opportunities both within classroom and via online and independent learning
- Support the promotion, recruitment and enrolment of engineering learners and apprentices
- Support the delivery for designated courses and provide both academic and pastoral support for your students
- Maintain up to date student records and deliver against agreed student retention, attendance, success, satisfaction and outcome measures
- Comply with the college's Maths and English strategy, maintaining your ability to embed both subjects in teaching practices
- Work with colleagues responsible for both transformation and student services to deliver an overall student experience
- Liaise with student support functions, external agencies and parents to help ensure that students make good or better progress.
The ideal candidate would have the ability to motivate students to maximise their learning potential, as well as the ability to work as part of a team to shape the department.
Skills and experience required for the Mechanical Engineering Tutor:
- Hold a recognised Assessor Award- e.g. A1, TAQA, CAVA, D32, D33
- Relevant experience delivering high quality engineering apprenticeships
- Ability to work towards challenging targets and manage time effectively
- Occupational work experience in Mechanical Engineering
Educated to degree level or hold a relevant occupational qualification in the subject area
- Relevant teaching qualification or willingness to work towards one
- A*-C in Maths and English
In return the college will offer:
- Salary up to £35,000
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Performance related Pay (PRP) Scheme
- Generous Holidays
If you would like to know more about the role please contact Pertemps Newcastle on 0191 255 7900.
Keywords: Mechanical Engineering Tutor, Engineering Tutor, Engineering Assessor, A1, PTLLS, TAQA, CAVA, Mechanical Engineering Trainer