Project Controls/Financial System Administrator
£21,024 per annum - £10.93 per hour
Start Date: 22nd October 2018
We are working with Northern Powergrid in Shiremoor to support them in their search for a Financial Systems Administrator. Their vision is to be the best energy company in serving their customers whilst delivering sustainable energy solutions.
Supporting the Finance and IT team, you will be responsible for processing part 1 completion and part 2 closures from the Master Projects Database and updating budgets in CFS. The successful candidate with have exceptional customer service skills as dealing with Project Accounting queries from internal customers is a big part of the job.
Day to Day duties for the Project Controls Administrator will include:
- Data integrity checks within Project Accounting, in line with agreed standards
- Processing project completions and closures as recorded in the Master Projects Database (MPD) into the Core Financial System (CFS)
- Dismantled assets processed in line with agreed standards
- Follow up slow moving projects, outside of governance projects and projects requiring reauthorisation and Post Investment Appraisals
- Process journals including accruals and project transfers and respond to cost queries
- Review of commitments and outstanding costs
- Internal billing
- Participating in taking customer power cut call overflow calls as required, in line with agreed standards
- Any other tasks delegated by supervisor
The successful Financial Systems Administrator will have the following skills and experience:
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Understanding of financial processes
- Good problem solving skills
- Versatile to adapt as and when required by supervisor
- Excellent collaboration and team working skills
- Advanced IT skills including use of MS Office applications specifically MS Outlook, Word and Excel
If you think this is the role for you we would love to hear from you.