Our client, Northern Powergrid, based in Shiremoor is looking to recruit a temporary Accounts Payable Clerk to support the Finance team. The hourly rate for this position is paying £8.86 per hour and is temporary up until the end of September 2019, with the possibility of an extension.
The successful candidate must have good communication skills, general data input experience and the ability to work to strict deadlines and targets. Proficient IT skills are essential as the role requires a candidate who is at intermediate level for both Word and Excel, and have a good working knowledge of formulas and problem solving.Key Responsibilities
- Validation, input and matching of supplier invoices.
- Clearance of scheduled supplier payment runs - Both cheque and electronic payments, including reconciliation and controls.
- Maintenance, exception checking and reconciliation of company credit card administration.
- Verification, input and audit of supplier bank details.
- Administration and clearance of Shared Accounts Payable mailbox.
- Verification and clearance of supplier invoice statements.
- Follow up and validation of supplier invoice holds.
- Liaise with the company's bank as required.
- Provide excellent customer service to Accounts Payable customers, both internal and external.
- Deliver ad-hoc requests as and when required.
Please note: You must be able to pass a credit check
The hours of work are 8:30am till 5:00pm Monday to Friday
If you have the required skills we'd love to hear from you