Our client based in Shiremoor, North Tyneside are looking for an experienced Financial Analyst. Supporting the Project Controls and Finance teams, you will be responsible for the production of all financial controls for project accounting and the production of management information.
This is a temporary ongoing contract, initially until the end of September 2019, but this is likely to be extended. This role is offering a salary of £27,282 which will be paid as an hourly rate equivalent of £14.18. This is a full-time post working circa 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday.
Duties for the Financial Analyst/Assistant Accountant will include:
- Sourcing and collating supporting documentation for financial reporting
- Production and analysis of Financial Control Information, including chasing requisite documentation for the purposes of financial controls, in line with agreed standards
- Fully reconciling creditors, bank and debtors control accounts in line with agreed standards
- Investigate all reconciling items and compiling action plans to be implemented in line with agreed standards
- Processing and operating the project accounting module
- Documenting and maintaining an up to date record of all processes within remit of responsibility
- Acting as first point of contact for all queries pertaining to areas of responsibility
- Producing high quality financial reports of high integrity, free from any material errors and within set deadlines
- Maintaining an auditable record of all supporting documentation used in the course of producing financial reports
- Providing support to other members of staff as and when necessary in the carrying out of their duties
- Posting journals in a timely manner in accordance with agreed standards and set deadlines
- Other duties as required
Skills and Experience required for the Financial Project Accountant:
- Degree in Accounting or Finance-related subject or working towards an accountancy qualification
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Confident using Excel and other Microsoft programmes to an advanced level (Word, Visio, MS Project, PowerPoint)
- Highly organised with good attention to detail
- Ability to manage time efficiently to hit deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills and confidence working with senior managers
- Comfortable working as part of a team across many functions
Interviews are to be held week commencing 18th March 2019 with a start date of the 8th April 2019. If you think you have the skills and experience we would love to hear from you .