We are currently representing a highly reputable training provider in Southern England.
Supporting their growth we are now looking for an experienced Functional Skills Tutor.
As a Functional Skills Tutor you will receive an attractive salary of up to £30,000, pension, business mileage of 45 pence per mile between centres and a great environment to work in. The role will include supporting learners within different delivery centres and also within the workplace across the Hertfordshire Region.
As a Functional Skills Tutor you will be supporting a wide range of learners through a successful programme. Learners will be engaged on work programmes
This role of a Functional Skills Tutor you will deliver English and Maths to learners aged 16-19
We are looking for talented trainers who are passionate about helping learners achieve success.
As a Functional Skills Tutor your main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Engage and deliver a set functional skills programme to learners aged 16+ in Maths, English and ICT to Level 2
- Using your creativity and personality to achieve maximum pass rates
- Mark and assess learner results, provide support and feedback to learners
- Complete government funded paperwork in line with audit requirements
- Prepare and review lesson plans, schemes of work and teaching materials
- Prepare learners for examinations
- Carry out regular reviews and monitor learner's progression in line with their individual learning plan and set new learning targets
- Complete internal paperwork relating to client attendance, achievements and other activities.
Skills and experience required for the Functional Skills Tutor:
- Recognised teaching qualification e.g. PTLLS, an Assessor Award e.g. A1, TAQA is desirable
- Functional Skills or equivalent at Level 2 in Maths, English and ICT
- Previous experience delivering Functional Skills up to L2
- Proven track record in achieving maximum results through effective learner delivery
- Experience supporting learners aged 16+ with positive outcomes
- Full UK Driving license and have own transport
- Flexibility to travel
This position is subject to a satisfactory DBS Check
Position is available straight away
For more information please contact Pertemps Newcastle
Keywords: Functional Skills Tutor, Functional Skills Trainer, Maths Tutor, English Tutor, Employability Tutor, Employability Trainer, Functional Skills, PTLLS, Learners, NEETS, Vocational Tutor