Our client, a well know electrical distribution company based in Penshaw is currently looking for an experienced Buyer to provide support to the purchasing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for procurement events for goods and service contracts.
This position is covering a 12 month maternity leave and will be starting immediately.
- Generate a sourcing model for each tender renewal
- Manage the supplier pre-qualification process
- Work with the business to generate the invitation to tender documents, including scope, specification and terms and conditions of contract
- Evaluate responses to PQQ and ITT submissions
- Lead on tender clarification meetings and question responses
- Assess the value and affordability of tender submissions
- Prepare an award proposal based on the outcome of the tender process
- Work with the supplier and the business to award and execute tendered contracts
- Checker to colleagues submissions
- Understanding of procurement processes
- Customer service skills
- Commercial acumen
- Knowledge of relevant contract law and EU Directives
- IT literate - ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience in public or regulated procurement
- All stages of a procurement event from pre-tender strategy meetings to contract execution
- Degree in a business or procurement related subject
- Associate member of CIPS
- Experience in regulated utility procurement
- Operating Achilles UVDB and Jaggaer purchasing systems
Due to the nature of the role you may be required to travel to other sites, including those based in Stockton and North Yorkshire.
The hours of work for are between 8am and 5pm Monday to Friday (37 hours per week).