Senior Quality Assurance Engineer required for our Derby based client, this is a rare opportunity with a leading client.
Reporting to the Site Head of Quality, the purpose of the role is to support the quality team across the group
A key part of the role will involve support in managing supplier performance to cover the following key areas:
- Investigating supplier quality and delivery issues to determine opportunities for improvement, and lead corrective actions as required from supplier 8D's or non-conformance reports.
- Collaborate with the Procurement Department to ensure supplier performance is regularly reported and the appropriate corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner.
- Ongoing monitoring of supplier performance in line with group targets
- Represent Supplier Quality in New Product Development projects, including development and support on supplier FMEA and Control Plan activity.
- Develop incoming material/parts inspection requirements based on risk.
- Perform supplier audits as required on key suppliers.
- Willingness to travel to supplier sites as required to support the requirements of the role.
- Support some internal quality activity on site.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Manufacturing and Quality experience in a fabrication, machining or special process background.
- Knowledge of quality managements systems (ISO9001/AS9100)
- Knowledge of problem analysis methodologies (i.e. 8D, Ishikawa, 5-Why)
- Knowledge of quality management tools and methodologies (i.e. APQP, FMEA, 8D, Statistical Process Control (SPC), Control Plans, Risk Management, Quality Control, Quality Assurance)
- Previous Internal auditing experience
Salary £40- £45k
Hours Mon - Thur 8.00-16.45 & Fri 8.00-12.30 (39 hrs per week)
Free onsite parking
Please call 01332 363000 or click to apply