Job Title: Distribution Allocator
Hrs between: 06:00 - 18:00 Monday to Friday; 40.00 hours per week
Reporting to the Distribution Controller, the primary responsibility of this role is to provide a professional and quality level of service to customers, going above and beyond average expectations. This is achieved through prioritising and managing customers' deliveries to effectively utilise the vehicle fleet of over 1,300 trucks making 6,000 deliveries every day from over 300 locations. You will be responsible for managing planning issues and recommending corrective actions, negotiating customer time windows to ensure an accurate and efficient delivery service of high value time sensitive supplies. To be successful in this role you will be reliable, conscientious and adaptable with a passion for service and a positive "can do" attitude to join a friendly, committed distribution team as an allocator in the Customer Service Centre located in Leicester.
A leading global organisation within the construction supplies sector. With a strong team culture, employees are truly valued and the business readily recognise the contributions they make to the company's success. The business is committed to peoples' personal and professional growth.
- Are your customer service skills second to none?
- Are you skilled at negotiation and problem solving?
- Can you be decisive but also polite, helpful and empathetic?
- Do you have at least two years' experience in a customer service role?
- Do you have a positive, can do attitude?
If you answered yes to all of the above, this is the perfect role for you! To be successful, you will be results oriented and self-motivated, possessing the following key skills and attributes:
- An ability to multi-task, "think on your feet" and make quick effective decisions under pressure
- Strong problem solving, planning and organisational skills
- A high level of resilience and adaptability to changing situations
- Good learning abilities
- A high level of computer literacy
- A flexible approach to working hours
In return you will receive:
- Excellent remuneration and benefits
- A comprehensive structured induction programme
- Ongoing training and development opportunities to help further your career
- Experience within a well-respected global market leader
Interested? Click 'apply' now for an immediate interview!