Pertemps are recruiting Class 1 Drivers (W+D) to work on behalf of our most prestigious clients who are global market leaders in the logistics industry. Our client is based in Doncaster and supplies a logistical support operation to one of Britain's largest retailers transporting products all across the country and are the vital link between customers, stores and warehouses.
- Wagon & Drag trunking runs to RDCs
- Planning delivery schedules and routes with transport managers.
- Supervising or helping to load and unload goods.
- Making sure loads are safely secured.
- Following traffic reports and changing your route if necessary.
- Completing delivery paperwork and log books.
An ideal Class 1 Driver will have the following skills and experience:
- Held LGV C+E licence for minimum of 2 years with no more than 6 points and free from serious endorsements for insurance purposes.
- Valid CPC Card /DIGI card.
- Experience trunking, shunting and artic store delivery.
- Newly passed drivers accepted - Terms and conditions apply
This is a 7 day operation. Daily start times vary which can include earlies, afters & evening shifts. Weekly rotas are also available to suit the individual's needs.
In return the Class 1 Driver will receive the following rates of pay:
- Days - Monday to Friday £11.00 - £12.00ph
- Nights - Monday to Friday £12.00 - £13.00ph
- Saturday (all hours) £15.50 - £16.50ph
- Sunday / Bank Holiday (all hours) £17.50 - £18.50ph
Please apply online if you feel you possess the skills and experience required for this role.