Pertemps client, a well-known Public Sector organisation based the City Centre of Edinburgh are seeking to recruit an Information Knowledge Management Assistant on a Permanent basis starting asap.
Salary - £21,225 - £23,022
Full time - 37 hours per week
If you have experience working in a library, records management, archives we would be interested in speaking to you.
Purpose of the role:
The main purpose of the post is to assist in the implementation and development of a range of customer-focused services which support the clients research, learning, information and knowledge needs.
The postholder participates in activities including the corporate Intranet, information and records management, end-user training and responding to Freedom of Information and Data Protection enquiries.
Key Responsibilities -
- Provide general assistance for internal and external users in the use of Information and Knowledge Management services and resources
- Contribute to the maintenance of content for the clients Intranet, to ensure the services meet the clients objectives
- Assist with processing and responding to Freedom of Information and Data Protection requests for information, according to procedures and to meet regulatory timescales
- Assist with the implementation of policies and standards relating to Data Protection, and undertake a range of Data Protection tasks including audits, data mapping and maintaining our Information Asset Register
- Resolve user queries relating to Information and Knowledge Management services and log resolutions to these queries accurately
- Provide user support, advice and training across all areas of service delivery, including the Intranet, best practice in records management, application of files and folders policies, etc.
- Participate in Information and Knowledge Management related activities which support and maintain the effective management and retrieval of the Clients internal information - e.g. implementing file-naming standards, management of electronic and physical records, information audits, and knowledge management initiatives, etc.
- Other duties as required in line with developments in service priorities
- Commit to good health & safety and access practice and ensure familiarity with Clients Health & safety and access policies, procedures and guidelines
Experience Required -
- Education to Higher level or equivalent, with a minimum of two passes, including English
- Knowledge of the principles of customer care within an information service environment
- Strong IT skills and experience of MS Office/O365, information resources, databases, internet and multimedia
- Ability to quickly develop a good working knowledge of the client's information services
- Experience gained within a relevant information service environment at Information Assistant level
- Experience of records and information management, including file management, application of retention schedules
- Knowledge of Freedom of Information and Data Protection legislation
If you are interested please apply or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful candidates will be required to pass a basic disclosure application