Pertemps Specialist Division are delighted to be working in collaboration with one of our public sector clients to recruit a Finance Manager on an initial 4 month contract, to cover the post initially due to an internal promotion, before moving into the role on a permanent basis. Reporting directly to the Head of Finance, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring senior managers and budget holders have robust and accurate financial information in order to make strategic decisions for the budget setting process, forecasts and for the development of management information.
This role will be based in central Edinburgh, paying between £150 - £275 per day. The permanent equivalent will be up to £43,000 pa.
• To manage the annual budget setting process and quarterly forecasting
• To be responsible for the development and provision of financial information and advice to enable managers
to understand and control the financial implications of their activities
• To develop systems for monitoring and reporting of income and expenditure for Capital Projects
• To support Managers in the development of financial business cases and/or grant applications for external income
• To develop and manage systems for monitoring and reporting of project income and expenditure
• To be responsible for the early identification of risks to delivery of financial or performance management objectives
• To provide first line procurement advice and support to managers, promoting good procurement practice through analytical work on expenditure
• To provide cover for the Finance Manager and provide assistance to the Financial accounts team when required
• To practice good data protection and information security management
• To be committed to good health & safety and access practice and ensure familiarity with National Museums health & safety and access policies, procedures and guidelines
• CCAB or CIMA Qualified.
• Educated to a degree level or equivalent.
• Public sector procurement regulations.
• Accounting and auditing experience
If interested, please apply now or phone the office and ask for Lewis. Please note this role will aim to start in August before ideally becoming a permanent member of staff by the end of the year.