Pertemps are recruiting for a Research & Policy Officer to work with our public sector client on an interim basis until March 2021 (with the possibility of extension).
Role - Research & Policy Officer
Duration - until March 2021
Location - Home based / Edinburgh City Centre
Rate - Day rate up to £250 per day.
Full time / Part time hours Monday - Friday
The successful candidate will be:
- Providing research support and analysis to the Principal Research Officer and policy support to the Senior Policy Officer
- Preparing and undertaking detailed analysis of current Scottish Legal Practice on sentence discounting to help provide an evidence base from which a draft guideline can be constructed
- Analysing court records
- Engaging with stakeholders of all levels
- Conducting additional ad hoc research support duties as required
You must have:
- Experience of the Scottish Legal System
- An understanding of sentencing guidelines
- A proven track record of conducting qualitative research and an understanding of quantitative research methods
A basic Disclosure Scotland certificate and security clearance will be required for the successful candidate.
If you are interested in this role, please apply online immediately.