Our client, a highly respected public sector organisation based in Kilmarnock, require a Typist/Clerk on a temporary basis. The salary for the role is £8.81 per hour. Hours of work are Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm.
A Standard Disclosure Scotland certificate dated within last 12 months will be required for this role.
Main purpose of role:
To provide an efficient Typing and clerking service to the department.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Maintain the book of commissary for commissary inventories
- Prepare and issue confirmation, including certificates, certified extracts and copy wills
- Prepare ordinary extracts for issue to parties
- Type judgments, notes of appeal etc on behalf of Sheriffs from manuscript draft or tape
- Maintain staff personal contact details
- Maintain statistical returns for monthly stats
- Provide assistance within the office as instructed by Line Manager
- To perform the duties of mail team member and lunch cover on a rotational basis
- Standard Disclosure Scotland dated within last 12 months
- Experience gained in a similar administration role
- Copy and Audio typing
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail whilst ensuring all deadlines are met
- Excellent IT and data entry skills with experience of MS Office
- Excellent customer service skills
- Professional and discrete approach, used to dealing with confidential information