Our client, who are hosting a major sporting event in August 2018 are currently recruiting for a Member Federations Relations Coordinator on a short term temporary basis.
This role will start 3rd April until 31st August 2018. These roles will be based in Glasgow, and the pay rate will be £14.00 per hour.
A full driving licence is essential for this role.
Summary of Role:
In view of the scale, scope and importance of event the Member Federations Relations Coordinator is a key role within the team working closely with each sport discipline and all work streams across the event team. Reporting directly to the Member Federations Relations Team Manager, the post-holder will ensure that all delegates participating in the event receive consistent and correct level of service, thereby allowing them an equal platform for fair play and competition.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage Europeans Member Federations (MF) telephone/email enquiries supporting their experience before and during the event.
- Liaise closely with the event Functional Areas (FA) and in particular Sport, Accreditation, Accommodation and Transport to ensure the information delivered to Member Federations is accurate and timely.
- Play a critical role in the Member Federations Relations team supporting the wider work area ensuring excellent levels of customer service to the Member Federations.
- Assisting Event work streams in identifying and escalating actual and potential issues and conflicts with Member Federations, for resolution and mitigation.
- Assisting the MFR Team Manager to act as the main resource for the event, overseeing and coordinating the levels of service required by the athletes and team officials attending the Championships ensuring their experience is athlete centred and sport focused.
- Contributing to the development of the MFR Work stream Operating on Plan, ensuring it is implemented pre-event and during the event delivery.
- Under the guidance of the MFR Manager, writing policies and procedures for the management relationships with Member Federations at Event-time ensuring excellent customer service is delivered at all times.
- Coordinating the training and allocated workforce during the event.
- Undertake the scheduling and rostering of the MFR Team at Event-time.
- Prepare and maintain operational documents accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assisting the MFR Manager to develop and manage individual relations with Member Federations identifying a unique point of contact.
- Coordinate the preparation of documents for the team, for meetings and training sessions for allocated workforce during Event Time.
- Being the unique point of contact for Member Federations during the Event time.
- Coordinate and distribute the final departure information required by all athletes and team officials working closely with the Accommodation Manager.
- Report to the Member Federations Relations Manager and deputise as required.
- Responsibilities of this role will evolve during the lifespan of the project and it is likely that the role profile will evolve with the changing needs of the event.
- Any other duties appropriate to the role.
The successful candidate must be able to commit to evening and weekend working shortly before, and during, the Even. Restrictions on annual leave will also be necessary from May 2018.Skills and previous experience required:
- At least two years' experience working within an office environment.
- Excellent customer Service skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Experience of working in a high-pressure environment
- Knowledge of Rules and Regulations for specific Sport Events (Aquatics, Gymnastics, Rowing, Triathlon, Cycling, Golf)
- Ability to use software packages such as Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- The following would be advantageous:
- Previous experience working with sports federations.
- Experience working with volunteers
- Experience of operations in an event environment
- Experience working with sports federations in an event environment
- Knowledge in planning and running Customer Service operations
- Knowledge in optimising and effectively managing the performance of, and issues deriving from relationships with Sport Member Federations.