Our client, a highly respected Higher Education establishment based in Glasgow, require an Administrator on a temporary basis. The salary for the position is £9.00/hour, working 35 hours per week Monday to Friday.
Main purpose of role:
To provide administrative support for a number of Postgraduate Team activities including providing administrative support for the PGT Programme Development Officer. You will also will be responsible for the administration of the School's ethics database and approval process, providing high level support to the School Ethics Officer
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Process all School of Education ethics applications (PGT and UG);provide high level support to School Ethics Officer; provide advice and guidance to ethics approvers
- Assist PGT Programme Development Officer with all administrative tasks relating to recruitment and conversion activities including social media engagement, organisation of open events, use of Bi-query for data-gathering, and support for targeted recruitment campaigns
- Assist in the production of publicity material and ensure that all PGT web-listings are up to date.
- Provide support for the organisation and running of annual PGT events, such as Induction, Open evenings and student social evets, including room bookings, liaising with academic staff and other University services, monitoring student participation
- Provide clerical assistance to the Programmes Development Officer for a variety of new programme/course development tasks as required, including updating PIP programme/course specifications
- Support the PGT programme administrators in the efficient and effective operation of PGT programmes as required, supporting the assessment process including setting up Urkund, monitoring and downloading assessments to be sent to programme leaders, ensuring marked assignments and feedback sheets are timeously returned to students.
- Assist with the preparation of course materials and correspondence; organisation of meetings relating to courses and programmes, induction programmes and other events: book accommodation and catering, collate papers for distribution, prepare agenda, correspond with attendees, maintain record of attendees, take minutes of meetings where required.
- Assist with all PG advising tasks on MyCampus for programmes, including quick enrol, changing to exams only, adding/dropping courses, inputting grades to grade roster, checking curriculum, removal of service indicators where appropriate and the completion of admin withdrawal forms.
- Liaising with Central Room Bookings (CRB) regarding accommodation for classes and meetings, including use of CMIS (room booking system) and MyCampus where required.
- Assisting with all aspects of the PGT Award Ceremony, including contacting students, preparing standard letters, printing and sending out tickets, maintaining a tracking database, collecting and banking ticket money, assisting with the ceremony on the night.
- Any other duties as deemed reasonable.
- Standard Grade/City and Guilds or equivalent level of Education
- 2 years relevant experience gained in a similar role
- Highly experienced with MS Office especially Excel
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Able to work flexibly and effectively under pressure
- Able to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Experience with social media
- Experience of Mycampus, Moodle etc is advantageous
- Prior experience within a Higher Education environment is desirable