Our client, a highly respected Higher Education establishment based in Glasgow, require an Operational Support Assistant on a temporary basis. The salary for the position is £8.75/hour, working 35 hours per week Monday to Friday.
Main purpose of role:
To provide secretarial and Administrative support within the department.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Provide general support for the School's undergraduate courses
- Deal with routine student enquires at the office counter, on the phone and by email
- Cover reception duties
- Assist with the preparation of teaching materials
- Photocopy and prepare questionnaires
- Monitor student attendance on a number of courses
- Help with essay submissions
- Provide flexible secretarial and clerical support as required
- Educated to VQ 2/3, Standard Grades, (GCSEs), City & Guilds or equivalent
- Typically 1 year experience in a similar role with qualifications above or 2 years relevant experience without qualifications
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good time management skills and ability to prioritise a busy workload.
- Excellent administrative and secretarial skills
- Effective and clear written and oral communication skills
- Discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently, under supervision or as part of a team.
- Ability to work to agreed deadlines in a time constrained environment.
- Experience of working in a higher or further education setting would be advantageous