Our client, a highly respected Higher Education establishment based in Glasgow, require a Receptionist on a temporary basis. The salary for the position is £8.97 per hour. Hours of work are Monday to Friday 8.45am to 4.45pm.
A PVG for working with Children issued within the last 12 months is a pre-requisite for this role and applicant must be willing to apply for a scheme update for this.
Main purpose of role:
To deal with clients' enquiries and appointments courteously and efficiently in person, by telephone and using the on-line system.
To ensure that clients in the waiting area are treated courteously and appropriately, and are given accurate directions to the salons.
To maintain the appointment system clearly and accurately, using Hairdressing/Beauty and Complementary Therapies terminology to appropriately schedule clients.
To ensure that the appointment system is prepared for advance bookings for four weeks.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- To maintain a computerised client database.
- To monitor clients' records and proactively contact those who have missed/cancelled appointments.
- To monitor clients' records and proactively contact clients regarding new services or other appropriate information.
- To maintain client records accurately and distribute them to appropriate classes.
- To liaise with lecturers and ascertain class requirements through the efficient use of appointment forms.
- To handle payments accurately and securely for appointments, registrations and product retailing.
- To carry out relevant daily cash operations - work with Finance team to obtain daily cash float, and bank daily takings with the finance team.
- To carry out skin tests as required.
- To carry out stock takes as required.
- To maintain up to date payment records.
- Maintain and protect client records as required by Data Protection.
- Present a well-groomed appearance, and behave in a professional manner.
- Undertake any other duties consistent with the key responsibilities and duties of the post, as directed
- PVG for working with Children
- Previous Reception experience
- High degree of computer literacy
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to work flexibly and effectively under pressure in a very busy environment