Our client who is based within the higher education sector, have a temporary role for a Technician. This is a temporary contract based in Clydebank. The rate of pay will be £12.32 ph.
The hours of work will be 35 per week, Monday to Friday basis.
A PVG Disclosure Certificate dated within last 12 months working with children is required.
Main duties and responsibilities:
The ideal candidate must have:
- To prepare all working areas for a range of class tuition, including schools and commercial programmes in in accordance with planned and agreed delivery.
- To prepare specialist teaching apparatus and support lecturers in demonstrations where appropriate; providing technical advice to staff and students where necessary.
- To carry out daily and periodic maintenance duties, risk assessments and maintain records in line with all relevant College Health & Safety procedures and practices. Engaging with external stakeholders as directed.
- To diagnose and repair equipment faults to an acceptable standard and oversee the process of contracted out repairs.
- To requisition all resources and materials and ensure all received goods are accurate and in order.
- To maintain and manage appropriate stores and stock control systems.
- Experience in handling and setting up a range of specialist equipment for demonstration or carrying out specific technical tasks in the above subject areas
- Experience in preparing a range of working areas and maintain resources and materials in accordance with organisational procedures
- Experience in maintaining stores and effective management of stock control systems.