Our client, who is based in the Hamilton area have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual to work in a fast paced environment with a growing, progressive organisation.
The position is for a Technical Investigator which attracts an annual salary £28,891 - £33,094. This role may require to work unsocial and extended hours. It offers many benefits including: excellent career prospects, competitive pension and benefits and flexible working arrangements.
The successful candidate must undergo vetting and Security Clearance (SC) prior to appointment. Full UK Driving Licence required.
As a Technical Investigator you will support the Commissioner and Head of Investigations in carrying out effective and efficient investigations into serious matters. These can include investigations into deaths in police custody and investigations of criminal allegations against the police.
The role of the Technical Investigator is to:
- Provide immediate technical assistance to the Investigations team in the seizure and/or retrieval of evidence from CCTV/video systems, audio systems, mobile phones and other IT devices.
- Produce evidential and other reports, including transcripts, of video, audio, data or other material recovered from such systems.
- Provide fit for purpose productions of video, audio and other information into standard formats for use in investigations and as evidence in court which may include the cleansing or enhancing of footage.
- Assist Investigating Officers by providing technical support with the copying of digital media including creating quality copies and video/audio compilations
- Provide fit for purpose CCTV footage for interviews in complex cases ensuring clear imaging that may be used as evidence.
- Provide fit for purpose productions of CCTV footage to be used as evidence in court cases ensuring footage is clear and audible.
- Attending premises and performing the necessary download/recovery of CCTV.
- Management and maintenance of digital productions held securely on NAS (Synology DiskStation)
- Assisting colleagues within the Investigations department by corroborating witness statements and assisting in seizing productions.
- Ensure that all productions relating to enquiries are seized, recorded and lodged in accordance with procedures.
- Downloading and interpreting mobile (smartphones) and i-phones
- Degree level qualification in a digital forensic or computer related subject, or relevant work experience (5-7 years) demonstrating the same level of knowledge.
- The successful candidate must have proven experience and in depth knowledge of a wide range of computer hardware and software applications including CCTV / video systems and will be able to provide technical support to maintain the effective day to day running of the organisation.
- Previous experience working in the digital forensics sector, or within a similar computer related industry.
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation as pertaining to evidentiary laws and procedures.
- Proven experience and knowledge of criminal investigation to support complex, high-profile and challenging investigations.
- Proven experience and in depth knowledge of a wide range of computer hardware and software applications including CCTV / Video systems and be able to provide technical support to maintain the effective day to day running of the organisation.
- Ability to conduct forensic examinations and analysis of a wide range of digital devices.
- Analyse, assimilate information, present evidence and reach sound judgements
- Use effectively Video editing software for compilations of DVDs
- Good knowledge of Microsoft, Adobe and Apple packages such as Visio, Adobe Premier Pro and Apple Final Cut Pro