Our client who is based in the Balloch area, requires a Development Management Planner for a temporary role.
This role is in the Balloch area, and the pay rate will be £15.40 per hour based on a 37 hour working week.
To contribute to the successful delivery of the Authority's statutory planning function particularly through supporting an efficient and outcome focused Development Management Service which achieves National Park aims and identified corporate outcomes.
Key Skills :
- Contribute to a positive and efficient Development Management service through the handling of planning and other related applications, and any resultant appeals, and delivering timeous planning decisions which contribute to wider defined Authority outcomes, including clear reporting of recommendations for Committee or Board decisions. Contribute to other aspects of the Service including: supporting systems which facilitate positive enforcement of planning control; supporting the delivery of services on-line; and participating in the delivery of any rural development project activity areas.
- Contribute to ensuring that the Planning Service is operated to a high standard, including ensuring the delivery of defined performance targets and outcomes and an excellent public service.
- Contribute as required to the development of strategies, policies and guidance which support the delivery of the Development Management Service and inform wider Authority strategies and initiatives.
- Contribute effectively to a customer focused planning advice and information service and to all monitoring and information systems, including online e-planning services, which provide intelligence on planning and development in the National Park.
- Develop or support initiatives which promote wider understanding of planning issues and the operation of the Planning Service in the National Park, and provide more effective opportunities for public involvement in the planning process.
- Enable the necessary partnerships, engagement and consultation processes with other organisations, interests and stakeholders in the planning system to secure support for the defined priorities and outcomes being delivered by the planning service.
- Computer literate
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Articulate with excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate personal commitment and empathy to the principles of sustainable development and protected area management
- Current UK Driving Licence
- Flexible approach to working hours as evening and weekend working will occasionally be required