Our client who is based within the higher education sector, have a temporary contract for an Events Assistant. This role is 25 hours per week based 5 hours per day Mon-Fri. This role is based in the West End of Glasgow with a pay rate of £9.00 per hour.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate should have:
- Responding to incoming enquiries, on a daily basis, to the generic inbox.
- Setting-up, updating and maintaining the social media information output
- Booking venues appropriate to the type and size of event, e.g. Welcome Ceilidhs, Orientations, Farewell Certificate Events, evening social events, focus groups.
- Arranging appropriate catering for all such events, where required
- Preparing (formatting, collating and printing) materials for orientation and arrival including: Handouts for insertion into Welcome Packs, Course(s) information and schedules to comply with standardised template
- Procurement of items for the Welcome Packs
- Managing information gathering for students' arrivals
- Managing sign-ups for events, particularly day excursions
- Enrolling students in their courses using MyCampus
- Proven ability to compile and manipulate databases and spreadsheets
- Proven communication and time management skills and forward planning
- Ability to multi-task and pay attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and organise a large workload without supervision
- Exercise initiative, discretion and maintain confidentiality at all times