Our client, a well known Public Sector organisation based in Hamilton, requires an Admin Support Assistant on a short term temporary basis. The salary for the position is £8.85 per hour, working 35 hours per week Monday to Friday.
Main purpose of role:
To provide the Administrative support to the Accounts Payable and Payroll departments.
Key Skills and Requirements
- To provide general administrative support including: Collecting, opening and distributing mail; Photocopying and emailing; Enveloping outgoing mail (cheques, remittances and debtor's reminder letters etc.)
- Print daily invoices received via the Accounts Payable mailbox
- Print daily payroll correspondence from Payroll mailbox
- Label all invoices with a unique bar code
- Scan all invoices onto the financial system
- To be responsible for the filing and retention of all appropriate records in connection with the Accounts Payable and Payroll functions
- Assist the Accounts Payable & Payroll sections with general word-processing duties
- Deal with basic Accounts Payable and Payroll queries.
- Process electronic e-forms in relation to any absences within the Finance Directorate
- Assist the Accounts Payable & Payroll teams with processing during holiday periods
- Any other duties consistent with the post as may be required by the Accounts Payable and Financial Services Team Leaders
- Ability to work under pressure is an important aspect of this position
- Relevant experience within a busy office environment.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office packages e.g. Excel & Office.
- NC/HNC equivalent in relevant discipline is desirable
- Conscientious, awareness of importance of confidentiality
- Works effectively with others
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing