Our client, a highly respected public sector organisation based in Hamilton, require an Accounts Assistant on a short term temporary basis. The salary for the role is £9.80 per hour. This is a full-time position working 35 hours per week Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm.
Main purpose of role:
To provide support to the Accounts Payable/Receivable Section within the Finance department.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Scanning all invoices and credits onto the financial system
- To process all invoices and credits (both payable and receivable) for payment
- Ensure that invoices are coded accurately and sent to the correct budget holders for authorisation
- To deal with telephone and email enquiries from suppliers/customers regarding payment of invoices and credits
- To provide advice and guidance to other colleagues on accounts payable/receivable issues.
- To assist the cashier to allocate returned payments accordingly
- To be responsible for the filing and retention of all appropriate records in connection with the Accounts Payable function
- Follow up outstanding debt on a regular basis to ensure that income to SFRS is maximised.
- To administer the Group Life & Accident Scheme and process all related claims
- To carry out the role of Purchase Card Administrator and ensure reconciliation of related monthly statements and transactions
- To carry out any other duties consistent with the post as may be required by the Financial Services Team Leader
- Working knowledge of in-house financial systems (e.g. Tech 1)
- Previous experience of processing invoices
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines is an important aspect of this position
- Relevant experience within a busy office environment
- Knowledge of financial rules, procedures, and regulations
- Experience using Microsoft Office packages e.g. Excel & Office
- NC/HNC equivalent in relevant discipline is desirable
- Conscientious, awareness of importance of confidentiality
- Works effectively with others
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Proactively supports change, adjusting approach to meet changing requirements
- Excellent attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
- Openness to change proactively supports change, adjusting approach to meet changing requirements