Our client who is based within the Public Sector has a temporary role for an Accounts Assistant.
This role is within the West End of Glasgow and will be Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. The pay rate for this role is £9.50 per hour.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Purchase Order Processing: ensuring that orders are placed through
- Communication with internal customers to ensure that they are aware of the status of their orders.
- Ensure goods receipt note (GRN) processing is properly carried by end users in relation to the orders and that automatic matching of supplier invoices
- Providing a single point of contact to users to support purchasing queries including outstanding orders, price queries, back orders and tracking of order numbers.
- Provide a single point of contact for the acquisition of services using purchasing cards.
- Process orders for travel ensuring that University regulations are complied with.
- Sales order processing: ensuring that sales invoices are processed on a timely basis and in compliance with documented internal controls.
- Processing journals in accordance with the documented process of the Hub and ensuring that all internal controls are properly complied with
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills, both verbal & written, with the ability to communicate effectively with all grades of staff both internally & externally
- Numeracy and the ability to understand and communicate financial information
- Ability to input financial information accurately into Agresso/equivalent
- Accurate keyboard skills with a working knowledge of accounting systems, spreadsheets & word processing
- Attention to detail and the ability to challenge, ensuring policy and procedures are adhered to