Our client, a highly respected Public Sector establishment, based in Glasgow City centre, require a receptionist on a temporary basis. The salary for the position is £9.56 per hour. Hours of work are Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm.
A minimum Basic Disclosure Scotland certificate issued within the last 12 months is a requirement of the role.
Main purpose of role:
The role of this post is to provide a welcoming and friendly first point of contact to staff and visitors entering the building.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Welcoming staff, visitors and contractors; greeting and directing at reception, by phone and via a central mailbox, liaising with other departments such as IT where specific assistance may be required
- Maintaining an organised, clean and safe reception area
- Maintaining security in line with procedures, ensuring visitors and contractors are signed in, provided with health and safety information, issuing passes or keys where required and informing hosts of arrivals
- Providing meeting room and car parking booking support, offering advice, supporting block bookings or swaps where this may be helpful or necessary due to maintenance works or large events
- Maintaining meeting room facilities including drink service areas, ensuring sufficient stock, equipment is clean, free from damage and displayed as required
- Sorting, distributing and processing incoming and outgoing mail or packages
- Processing catering requests, liaising with staff and service providers, creating purchase orders and receipting these on delivery
- Supporting payment of services supplied by creating purchase orders, receipting orders, challenging any anomalies and promptly passing invoices to the Finance Team for payment to meet targets set.
- Providing support to projects and programmes, monitoring mailboxes, responding to enquiries, formatting documents and photocopying.
- Any other duties reasonably required
- Relevant experience gained in a similar role ideally within the public sector
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to organise and prioritise work well, showing you can adapt to changing demands
- Good working knowledge/ability to adapt to learn and undertake training on IT packages such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- Work well within a team