Our client, a highly respected public sector organisation based in Glasgow City Centre, require an experienced Team Leader on a temporary basis from April until 28th June 2019. The salary for the role is £12.78 per hour. This is a full-time position working 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
This role requires you to have a minimum Basic Disclosure Scotland certificate issued within the last 12 months.
Main Purpose of the role:
The successful candidates will be responsible for the first line management of a team of staff. The post covers a wide range of duties including providing internal and external customer service. This may include telephone contact therefore excellent communication skills are a key component of the post. Staff management, operational delivery, accuracy and attention to detail are also integral to this role.
You will be expected to act as a role model to your staff and provide regular feedback on a range of issues offering support and guidance when necessary. You will be responsible for identifying and setting objectives and targets for your team. Additionally, you should be able to demonstrate you can identify and manage changes to policy and processes efficiently and constructively. Applicants should be aware the role requires access to information of a sensitive nature.
- Act as a role model demonstrating energy and commitment to the role.
- Line manage, support and develop a team of staff
- Frequently liaise with colleagues at all levels to ensure organisational objectives are met
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders
- Contribute to providing a first class customer service, understanding customer expectations whilst pro-actively managing relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Act as a first point of escalation for non-standard or complex enquiries including customer complaints via a range of mediums e.g. written or verbally
- Prepare, collate, analyse and present statistical information in order to identify trends and process improvements to enable information management and decisions on service delivery
- Demonstrate the ability to make informed analytical decisions from the interrogation of internal or external data
- Work within agreed organisation or legislative guidelines to make decisions on complex enquiries
- Plan and prioritise your own workload in order to meet deadlines
- Routinely monitor and take appropriate action on staff behavioural, attendance or performance related issues liaising with HR Shared Service colleagues where necessary
- Handle sensitive information securely
- Demonstrate the ability to accept and embrace change in a positive manner whilst supporting staff in conjunction to the same
- Work on your own initiative whilst delivering on your own objectives
- Experience of managing a team including performance and attendance management
- Provide a first-rate customer service, utilising interpersonal skills to build and maintain good working relationship with internal & external stakeholders
- Excellent self-management skills including the ability to balance competing priorities to meet business demands and service level agreements
- Proven information management and communication skills, displaying the ability to work on your own initiative in a customer focused environment
- The ability to analyse and interpret complex information accurately and consistently from a variety of sources
- Proficient in Microsoft packages specifically Word & Excel
- A background in working within a customer focused environment