Our client, who is based in the Higher Education Sector, has a temporary requirement for an Debt Recovery Assistant. This role is based in Glasgow city centre. The rate of pay will be £10.70 per hour.
A PVG DISCLOSURE CERTIFICATE ISSUED WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS IS REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE.
1. Assist the Finance team in the provision of an effective and accurate purchase and sales ledger system.
2. Provide administrative support in relation to financial processes.
3. Contribute to the maintenance of finance databases and support systems by accurate input and retrieval of data.
1. Ensure a high quality, customer focused Finance service is consistently provided.
2. Assist in the preparation of payments to all suppliers.
3. Assist with the input of prepared sales invoice and receipt batches.
4. Assist in the maintenance of spreadsheets for travel expenses.
5. Assist with the payment of petty cash claims.
6. Filing of purchase ledger documentation.
7. Register purchase invoices on the College finance system.
8. Input prepared purchase ledger batches.
9. Match purchase orders to purchase invoices.
10. Check supplier statements to ensure all payments have been processed.
11. Input prepared sales invoices and receipt batches.
12. Assist with banking duties, debt collection, and the collection of fee income.
13. Assist with the enrolment of students.
14. Review incoming post and centralised e-mails and respond as appropriate.
15. Carry out general administrative duties including typing letters/mail merges, filing, photocopying and shredding.
16. Undertake relevant delegated duties on behalf of the Finance team.
Experience and Skills
1. Previous experience of working in a Finance role.
2. Abilty to work flexibly as part of a team.
3. Good communication, liaison and networking skills
4. Knowledge of the FE sector
5. Good communication, liaison and networking skills
6. Working knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel and databases
7. Good written and verbal communication skills
8. Ability to manage conflicting priorities and meet deadlines to the satisfaction of all parties