Our client who is based within the higher education sector, have a temporary role for a Student Funding Assistant . This role will be based in Glasgow city Centre and rate of pay will be £10.70 per hour. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm
Candidates must have a PVG certificate to be considered for this role.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Collate all documents in preparation for processing funding applications.
- Input student funding applications to database and maintain accurate up to date records.
- Process assessments for student funding and in particular Bursary/EMA and Childcare Support.
- To process invoices for taxis and alternative travel for students with a disability.
- Assist with the administration of student support payments.
- To assist with the payments and the preparation of claims and statistical returns.
- Process applications for college courses, entering data, producing letters and responding to enquiries related to applications.
- To assist with the delivery of pre-entry information and advice to students.
- Good communication, liaison and networking skills.
- Excellent IT Skills with a working knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel and databases.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and meet deadlines to the satisfaction of all parties.