Pertemps Recruitment currently require a Product Owner to work with our public sector client based in Glasgow (homeworking) expected to last 6 months with the potential to extend. Rate of pay will be £450-£500 day rate (umbrella).
Reporting to the Service Manager, you will be responsible for bringing together and managing a multi-disciplinary team, which includes specialist resources from policy development, analysts, user research and service design, technical staff, specialist advisors and others; managing their work within an agile project delivery framework.
You will be responsible for the development and delivery of a particular product including supporting technologies and processes. One post will be based in the Exportability team and the other in the Compensation Recovery team.
The main duties would be:
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team to develop and deliver a specific product and integration requirements e.g. social security benefit or service function to meet the needs of users. These users will include applicants and recipients of advice and financial support; partner organisations, and administrative staff.
- Define and obtain stakeholder buy-in for your product and the approach to delivery.
- Create effective, prioritised product descriptions and delivery plans to meet user needs in a cost effective way
- Interpret user research in order to make the correct product decisions ensuring they reflect user needs Understand the relationship between your specific products and the overall delivery of the new social security agency, and its wider systems and processes, reflecting this within your area.
- Write options appraisals, business cases and provide information that enable the programme to choose appropriate delivery options and/or procure technology and services.
- Communicate credibly with a wide range of stakeholders, within and Partner organisations
- Coordinate and prioritise requirements, development and delivery of the integration between the Agency case management platform, document repository and the SCTS platform
- Define and deliver business processes between the Agency & SCTS
- Ability to bring together views and perspectives of a broad range of internal and external stakeholders including commercial and procurement specialists to provide a strong evidence base and documentation for decisions.
- Ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team and set priorities for yourself and others in a project and/or programme, using established, recognised best practice project methodologies and using agile development methods.
- Ability to enable decision-making at the right level within your teams, removing unnecessary bureaucracy and facilitating delivery.