Pertemps Scotland Ltd are working with our client in Glasgow to recruit a Head of Supplier Management in the Public Sector for 6 Months with potential extension - due to current circumstances this role will be based remotely. This opportunity has a day rate of £610 inside IR35
You will lead and support the team to achieve the deliverables and outputs specified in a wide variety of high value contracts. The role manages 3 Intelligent Client Leads who provide supplier management oversight of the highest value and most complex of the contracts.
- Communicate clearly with suppliers, stakeholders, senior managers and others to explain progress and ensure your teams have the resources they need
- Ensure that effective mechanisms are in place for listening to and understanding delivery team's needs, and provide oversight to ensure that your teams' work is aligned to those needs
- Act as an escalation point for issues and challenges identified, and work with delivery teams, senior leadership teams, technical staff and stakeholders to address these
- Provide line management support, coaching and development for the Client Leads in your team (initially 3-4), and ensure a consistent approach is taken to supporting staff across the rest of the supplier management team
- Experience of managing multi-disciplinary teams in a demanding environment whilst promoting development and well-being
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and using those relationships to ensure delivery.
- Experience of managing suppliers and contractors to deliver against challenging timescales and complex requirements
- Experience of setting and managing business priorities, roles and responsibilities with individual and team ownership of objectives in a change management environment
- Experience of working in a digital environment to deliver projects and products would be an advantage
Please apply with your most recent CV and cover letter. Please note, a basic disclosure is required for this role.