Our client who is based within the Public Sector, have a temporary role for an Inventory and Logistics Manager which is based in Glasgow. This is a temporary ongoing assignment, with a rate of pay of £18.30ph. Hours of work will be Mon - Fri, 9am to 5pm.
Travel between sites will be required, a full driving licence is essential for this role.Brief outline of job:
Reporting to the Engineering Services Manager you will be responsible for leading the team of stores personnel across our sites. You will be responsible for implementing suitable processes and policies within our quality management system, to ensure this aligns to ISO9001. You will identify solutions to current inventory control problems, including logistic and distribution challenges, particularly in relation to Brexit/export control policy changes. You will ensure all paperwork is in place with relevant regulatory bodies. You will work collaboratively with our finance, procurement, quality and health and safety of teams.Main Activities/Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all storage, handling and distribution of parts and materials throughout NMIS facilities
- Responsible for developing a robust inventory control system, improving the stores functions throughout NMIS to demonstrate robust inventory accuracy.
- Budget forecasting and budget management for stores.
- Develop, redefine, and implement processes and policies throughout the stores areas to ISO9001 standards
- Implement a suitable inventory control system that aligns to with our quality management system
- Work collaboratively with departments to deliver on logistical and distribution challenges.
- Responsible for goods receipt, inventory control, worldwide distribution, including insurance for parts/materials.
- Including the preparation of all paperwork for regulatory bodies where applicable
- Manage stores teams, recruitment, and resource management. Undertaking ADR reviews of stores personnel.
- Troubleshooting with a methodical approach to solving complex problems, with limited guidance.
- Work with minimum supervision to meet deadlines with ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Building and maintaining relationships with local service providers
- Draft policies and procedures to align to business and stakeholder requirements.
- Responsible for the health and safety across all stores, ensure compliance to health and safety standards.
- Travel between sites to support stores and distribution
- A professional qualification/relevant degree within the subject area. Or significant relevant industrial experience.
- Project management qualification (PRINCE2 etc.) or experience in relevant role
- Health and safety qualification (IOSH, NEBOSH)
- Experience in inventory control, logistics and worldwide distribution
- Experience in developing an inventory control system, and implementation in an industrial setting
- Experience in development of policies and processes aligned to inventory control and logistics requirements.
- Experience in budget forecasting and budget management.
- Experience of working collaboratively with other departments, suppliers, and colleagues
- Line management experience. Including recruitment, resource planning and annual development reviews (ADR's)
- Experience and knowledge of health and safety requirements within a logistical environment, manual handling
- assessments, risk assessments, COSHH etc