Sheridan Maine are recruiting for a Group Accountant to join a forward thinking and well established business in Newbury.
This listed business is a forward thinking, leading name in their field and offers unrivalled career prospects outside of London and represents an ideal first or second move for a Practice trained qualified Accountant (Ideally Big 4 or mid-tier).
On offer is a competitive starting salary, bonus structure, agile working and a flexible benefits package.
The key responsibilities of the Group Accountant are but not limited to:
• Preparation of the monthly group consolidated statutory accounts
• Consolidation of the group management accounts for month end, budget and forecasts
• Partner with overseas finance teams within the wider group
• Be a critical member of the team for the Group's statutory half year and year end reporting cycle
• Compliance work
• Oversee IFRS accounting issues reporting requirements and assist with any technical queries the group has
Working out of newly refurbished offices that are easily accessible via public or private transport, this role involves involve senior management and stakeholder engagement on a daily basis giving plenty of commercial exposure.
The popular demand and potential of this role requires the applicant to have an excellent degree educated academic background and to have experience of working within an accountancy practice where an ACA or ACCA qualification was obtained. As well as being ACA or ACCA Qualified, IFRS and UKGAAP reporting process exposure would be beneficial.
The company's historical presence and bright future requires motivated individuals with good interpersonal and communication skills to enrich its exciting finance department.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.