The UK subsidiary of an international business based in the Southampton area is recruiting a Financial Controller to manage the company's finances and business partner the Managing Director.
Reporting to an overseas based Finance Director the key activities of the Financial Controller include:-
• Working autonomously and being accountable for the accounting operations of the company
• Business partnering the Managing Director and operational teams, providing financial and commercial support to decision making
• Producing monthly management accounts, variance analysis and commentary
• Monthly budgeting, forecasting and cashflow work
• Ensuring the accuracy of the financial accounting records and timely production of statutory accounts
• Team management and motivation
• Liaising with internal and external stakeholders including bank, auditors, and group
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA) with experience in a similar Financial Controller, Finance Manager or Management Accountant role.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.