Sheridan Maine is proud to be working with one of the UK's largest insurance companies along the South Coast. They are currently looking for an Internal Audit Manager to join their fast growing finance team.
Your role will be to manage the delivery of a programme of audits relating principally (but not solely) to financial risks across the organisation. These audits should be managed within budget and in a professional manner to provide assurance on financial risk management and systems of control, monitoring corrective action where required:
• Undertake review of audit planning, fieldwork, testing and reporting compliant with IA quality standards and methodology;
• Identify and document all material risks and key controls, appropriately test and record the outcomes; communicate and report IA observations and opinion
• Define and agree the scope and Terms of Reference for individual audits and facilitate the agreement of approach with senior line management
• Review documented and evaluated risk and controls, report to senior management on findings and agree remedial action so that effective systems of control are maintained
• Oversee the production of clear, concise and comprehensive reports that are suitable for relevant audiences
• Proactive identification and notification to IA management and other relevant people of changes that may impact upon the timely and effective delivery of the audit plan
• Contribute to the maintenance of the financial risk components of the audit universe and risk based assurance agenda
• Maintain constructive working relationships with Senior Management and key stakeholders, as agreed with the IA Leadership team
• Proactively advise in financial risk management and principles of control to support a culture of continuous improvement
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of IA methodology, including the effective use of data and data analytics in the provision of assurance, and alignment with all relevant professional standards
• Develop, coach, performance manage and empower IA team members in delivering independent assurance activity; in a mentoring capacity, assist with achievement of PDP objectives and maintenance of appropriate skill levels in the team
You will be joining a leading business on the South Coast, with excellent benefits and career development opportunities.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.