Pertemps are working in partnership with a market leading manufacturing business, recruiting for an experienced AutoCAD / CAD Technician (Draughtsman / Draughts Person) with vast SolidWorks experience to join the expanding Design team.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a progressive developing company that offers real career progression and real L&D opportunities
Working Hours: Monday to Thursday (8:30AM to 4:45PM) & Friday (8AM to 3:30PM)
Salary: £25, 000 to £27,000 Annually
What are your responsibilities as a CAD Technician:
- Producing fabrication drawings and bills of materials accurately and promptly.
- Revise and update existing drawings reflecting design changes ensuring consistent documentation of the project
- Liaising with customers by telephone and e-mail correspondence with regards to drawings and approvals
- Update corrective actions highlighted on the company Corrective Actions Register.
- To produce drawings with the aim to make the production process as simple and cost effective as possible
- Verifying designs using methods such as FEA & proven engineering calculations
- Creating BOM's
- Verifying designs through testing sample parts & producing prototypes
- Compiling reports summarising design decisions & verification
- Producing product data & drawings / images to support sales & marketing material
Company & Employee Benefits:
- An experienced CAD Technician with proven experience in the organisation's relevant field.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive approach to design and technical issues and meeting deadlines
- Being strategic, analytical, critical and creative
- Experience of working with 3D design software (Autocad 2012 and Solidworks 3D)
- Experience of working with Microsoft software packages (Word, Excel, outlook etc)
- Structural engineering, fabrication and welding knowledge
- Formal qualification (ONC/HNC/Diploma)
- Holidays, 25 days per year
- Holidays must be taken in specified shutdown weeks
- Pension Scheme
Interviews for this role are to take place immediately, with an immediate start for the right calibre of candidate/s
Ideally you will have experience in one of the following industry sectors; Automotive, Aerospace, Specialist Machinery, Plant / Construction Machinery, Specialist Vehicles, Off Highway or High Capital Spend mobile products, as well as experience working with carbon steel or aluminium products & components or similar then this could be an ideal role for you
This role is commutable from Hull, Scunthorpe, Brigg, Barnston, Beverley, Sancton, Pocklington, Malton, Goole & other areas close to these