Pertemps are looking to recruit a Purchasing Assistant in the Swindon area for a Manufacturing/Engineering Client on a permanent and full time basis. We are looking for polite, professional and customer focused individuals to join our Clients existing team working in the Purchasing Department. You will have a “can-do” attitude with the ability to respond quickly to changing priorities who can also use their own initiative as well as work within the team reporting to the Buyer.
Providing professional and consistent levels of service to internal customers and to our external supply base. Sustaining a robust supply chain having due regard to customer demand, quality, cost & on-time delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Desired Skills for role:
- Ensuring all supplier files are up to date.
- Communicate with production teams on every day needs and issues.
- Visit suppliers when required.
- Report and work to improve supplier results.
- Liaise with quality team to process supplier rejects to a suitable conclusion.
- Work to make improvements by using continuous improvements on an ongoing basis.
- Support with supplier audits when required.
- Liaise with accounts team to process supplier invoices.
- Contribute to ongoing cost reduction projects.
- Escalate supplier price increases to the Buyer.
- Expedite supplier schedules to ensure on-time delivery of direct materials.
- Generate replenishment orders for production consumables & machine tooling.
- Weekly review of material shortages, providing feedback to key personnel.
- Correct and timely processing of AD-hoc purchase requisitions.
Working hours 8.00am – 4.45pm – Monday – Thursday and Friday 8.00am – 12.00pm Salary £20K - £23K
- • Previous Experience with MRP systems
- • Previous experience of supporting purchasing team
- • Excellent communication skills
If you feel that you have the desired skills and are looking for a fantastic opportunity like this then please ring our office on 01249 467665 and send us your CV as soon as possible