This company is an international civil engineering and building consultancy within the transport, power, environmental, utilities and water sectors. They currently have over 700 employees working from over 18 offices across the UK and Europe. They are currently seeking an engineer to join the established Civil Engineering Design team based in their Reading head office.
The successful Civil Engineer will provide a pro-active supporting function, mainly reporting to a Senior Engineer. You will be expected to take responsibility for management of the design process on a range of infrastructure projects for public and private sector clients. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to run their own projects.
Key Responsibilities/Duties Include:
- Deliver projects within budget, and ensure colleagues and line managers are informed of the process.
- Ensure all design activities are undertaken in compliance with CDM regulations.
- The Civil Engineer will support the production of multi-disciplinary Highway designs and provision for all types and scales of infrastructure and development projects.
- Delegate and manage the CAD and technician resource in the delivery of outputs to agreed deadlines.
- The Civil Engineer will prepare and manage technical reports, drawings, bills of quantities, cost estimates and other documents in accordance with industry standards.
About you: - The successful Civil Engineer will have a minimum of 3-4 years’ experience.
- You will be working towards Incorporated Engineer or Chartered Engineer status with a relevant professional institution.
- A degree in Civil Engineering or an equivalent qualification.
- An appropriate CSCS card, or to be prepared to obtain one.
- Experience of Section 38, 278 and 104 and/or projects carried out under Highways England or Network Rail processes and procedures.
- Competence in the use of Microsoft office programs.
- Good experience of multi-disciplinary highway design and specification ideally gained within a civil engineering consultancy.
If you would like to hear more about this vacancy or similar opportunities then please do get in touch with George Hale at RGB Network on 0207 932 2800 or email@example.com