Salary: £11.44 P/H
Hours: Full Time 37 hrs a week
Job title: Data Support Officer
Length of employment: Temporary 3-month post with possible extension until 31st March 2018
Pertemps are currently recruiting for a data administrator Working for the Knowledge Information Management Group, the post holder will provide support for the Spatial / Data Teams and the Records & Information Team in cataloguing and managing paper maps, aerial photos, data and records held within various store rooms. The post holder will also undertake general administrative duties, such as arranging meetings and taking minutes.
- Organise, catalogue and record the location of paper aerial photography into the ArcGIS catalogue/index
- Developing a filing structure for paper maps
- Organise, catalogue and record the location of paper maps into the catalogue
- Assist KIM Group in managing and organising store rooms
- Identify data store content. Organise, catalogue and record paper data and where agreed, mobilise as digital content.
- Ensure any information to be disposed of conforms to agreed protocols
- Undertake an administrative role to support the KIM Group Manager, including; organising diaries, meetings and room & car bookings, preparing meeting agendas and taking minutes.
This post would ideally suit a recent graduate, looking to gain valuable experience working in the environmental sector.
1. A high level of accuracy, attention to detail and good organisational skills, with ability to manage multiple tasks. Essential
2. IT Literacy:
a. Ability to use MS Office (word, excel, power point). Essential
b. Ability to use a GIS system. Desirable
3. Ability to work alone and take initiative in delivering results, as well as the ability to seek advice and work as part of a team when required. Essential
4. Good written and verbal communication skills. Essential
5. An understanding of geographical and environmental data and an understanding of the remit. Desirable
6. Must be able to reach and bend to pick up items from shelves, must be able to lift and carry moderately heavy boxes of paper files (manual handling training will be provided). Essential
To Apply please click the Apply button now or call Jess on 01978291565