Job title: Data Support Officer
Salary: £14.86 Per hour
Length of employment: (Temporary) Until 31st January 2018
Working to the Master reference Data team Leader; the post holder will support the delivery of a data projects that are part of a wider program of ICT Development and Innovation The post will also support the delivery of evidence in support of the clients remit.
The post holder will assist the Master Reference Data Team Leader to deliver a wide service that helps staff to capture manage, mobilise, quality assure, collate, use and disseminate environmental evidence. This will involve working with a wide range of people, both internal and external, as well as working closely with colleagues in ICT Services to develop and implement appropriate tools.
Qualifications / Experience that is require:
- A good grounding in natural environmental or computer science, preferably with a degree in a relevant subject area (environment, geography or information technology)
- Good data management skills
- Collating, cataloguing, managing, interrogating, archiving, extracting, analysing and using environmental data
- The ability to deal appropriately with sensitive and confidential information and the recognition of the importance of accuracy and attention to detail
- A good understanding of central data management in a distributed organisation
- IT literacy: the ability to use Windows and Microsoft Office applications confidently;
- An ability to use information management systems (including relational databases and business intelligence tools)
- the ability to manipulate digital data from one format to another, and to transfer data from one organisation or location to another;
- The ability to harness good working relationships within a team, with other colleagues in different teams and with partner organisations, allied to the ability to network effectively with a wide range of customers, suppliers and colleagues.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Good organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities.
To apply for this position please click the apply button or contact Jess on 01978291565