Are you an experienced Buyer with experience in the construction industry? You have the opportunity to work for an established company who can offer stability and the opportunity to grow and develop with the company. Due to an internal promotion this company are now seeking a Sub-Contract Buyer to work closely with the sub contract teams working on large projects in excess of three million pounds.
The role is commutable from: Huddersfield, Bradford, Leeds, Harrogate, Wakefield, Barnsley, Halifax, Doncaster and York
Your duties will include:
• Work closely with the sub contract teams on at least two large projects at any one time.
• Procure all materials to the right specification and budget.
• When necessary support the Senior Buyer in the procurement of services.
• Add value in everything you do, maximising profitability and minimising risk.
• Receive and review all tenders and return all quotations.
• Chair meetings with cross functional teams.
• Identify and resolve any deficiencies in the project documentation, drawings and specifications.
• Support the purchasing strategy, provide advice and technical support.
• Develop supplier relationships.
As a successful Buyer you will have:
• A background working on build and construction projects in sectors such as education, healthcare, commercial or other areas of the public sector.
• The ability to interpret drawings and understand specifications.
• Some leadership experience with the desire to progress in to a Senior role.
• Strong knowledge of COINS.
• Sub Contract experience which is essential to this role.
• A current CSCS card.
• Education in construction project management is desirable but not essential.
This is a superb opportunity to work for a reputable company who are offering fantastic progression opportunities. You will be rewarded with a salary between £30,000 - £40,000 p.a. dependant on experience with a company car or car allowance, a contributed pension scheme and private health care.
This is an excellent opportunity not to be missed. If you are an experienced Buyer with relevant experience outlined above then please apply online today with a copy of your CV.
Please feel free to call Greg Kneuss 0121 272 8260 to discuss your application in more detail.