Assistant Procurement Manager
Salary: £35,000 per annum
Would you like to join a well-respected charity working alongside a small procurement department of 6 being accountable for the day to day operational management of the Procurement function and its service level performance. We are currently seeking a strong procurement professional who has experience in the end-to-end procurement process covering indirect categories.
As the Assistant Procurement Manager, you will have one direct report and assist the Procurement Manager with driving effective performance and achievement of KPIs, utilising the Contracts Officer whilst managing your own categories.
Responsibilities will include;
• Delivering cost savings and improving supplier service
• Liaise with the Procurement Manager and Contracts Officer to implement changes
• Provide specialist advice to internal and external customers
• Sample and audit service quality and compliance in line with percentages and targets
• Accountable for developing and maintaining proactive and positive relationships with all internal and external stakeholders, suppliers and customers
• Ensure that all tendering, RFP and RFQ processes are delivered at a high quality standard, ensuring all information/analysis is complete and accurate
• Degree or similar qualification
• Previous experience of contract and supplier management
• Confident with the buying process including tendering and procedures
• Effective negotiation skills
• Strong use of IT applications
This is an exciting opportunity and perfectly suited if you have experience covering indirect categories within corporate or professional services, dealing with supplier performance experience and the end-to-end procurement process.
In return, you will be rewarded with a salary of up to £35,000 per annum.
If you feel you fit the above criteria, or just want to know more, don't miss out! For more information on this role, please contact Selina at Procurement People on 0121 272 8260