Senior Procurement Consultant
In 2018, our client won a bid to support over 900 organisations with their procurement of goods and services and has since gone on to win further work. They are a key driver in the dramatic growth for those organisations, through building authentic relationships with internal stakeholders and procurement teams supporting, teaching and demonstrating world class procurement.
With this positive growth our client are seeking a Senior Procurement Consultant to support and deliver specialists procurement programmes to their current and future client base.
As a Senior Procurement Manager you will work with cross-functional teams across multiple clients. You will prioritize, build alignment for procurement, develop and drive numerous spending initiatives aimed at reducing costs and increase value across all categories. This role works primarily on advising procurement teams on best practice as opposed to carrying out the procurement project yourself, you will empower and upskill the end clients procurement team. You'll also be partnered with people across different work functions, so relationship management is a key part of your craft.
• To lead the tendering, evaluation, placement and monitoring of a portfolio of public sector (educational) contracts through our client's e-procurement platform
• To assist in the selection of appropriate suppliers and contractors, to promote good procurement practice with due regard to localism, sustainability, ethical purchasing standards and whole life costing
• To lead in negotiation of contract terms on a range of local, regional and Framework contracts and to monitor performance against these contracts
• To lead in key client account activities working closely with the representatives from clients (schools and colleges) and leading in purchasing activity and account development
• To participate in internal and external meetings, promoting procurement best practice.
• To take an active lead in the introduction, development and implementation of the client to educational establishments and other key industry stakeholders
• To lead and undertake category projects for the development of category strategies and making recommendations to productise our client's approach to its customer base and target market
• To have extensive and up to date knowledge of related procurement legislation including EU regulations for public procurement essential
• Carry out the duties of this post in a manner which promotes the client's services as the leading procurement service in the educational sector
• Attend marketing and procurement related functions to speak to new customers about the benefits of using our client's services
• Specific category expertise in any of the following areas: ICT purchasing and managed service contracts; print management (including photocopiers and MFDs); outsourcing (including catering, cleaning and grounds maintenance); hard and soft facilities management; and construction
• Knowledge of public sector purchasing consortia, national and regional government frameworks and online procurement management
If you are interested in the above opportunity please apply online, to hear more please contact Kirsty at Procurement People